I tried to let Landon sleep in a little extra this morning and headed down early (5am) to see the boys. Both boys were having their blood drawn for today's lab work (numbers came back good on both). While I was there, I was able to change my first dirty diaper for Colton and also got to feed him via bottle nipple for my first time as well. He did so great!
Hudson is suckling a little bit, but still not ready to be fed outside of the feeding tube.
When Landon and I visited them later in the morning, we were excited to hear they are increasing their food intake from 9ml to 12ml every three hours and the boys have been having consistent dirty diapers.
I'll be discharged from the hospial today and from here, Landon and I will check in to the Roald McDonald House where we can stay for the duration of the boys' stay in the NICU should we wish. It's only a couple miles down the road and will give us the ability to see the boys as much as possible.
Before leaving the hospital this afternoon, Landon and I held the boys skin to skin again. This time I got to hold both boys, Colton first and then Hudson, and try nursing with each of them. They won't be ready/able to take their feedings that way for a little while, but it's good practice for them and me. And surprisingly, Hudson did a little better than Colton.
After skin to skin, Hudson got to put on his first outfit. It was a little big. Although weight wise, both boys are preemie, they are too tall to fit in preemie clothes. So, they're being dressed in newborn sizes.
(Hudson)
Another mom who was at the class had had her little girl at 33 weeks 5 days (we were 33 weeks 6 days) and her baby is just about to go home after only two weeks in the NICU! It made us both so excited to hear that and gave us hope that our boys could be ready to go in such a short time as well! We just have to keep doing what we can and kangaroo hold them whenever possible! Me especially :)




No comments:
Post a Comment