Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Day 13

Day 13 - Monday

Not much new to report today. Boys are still continuing to gain weight and they have increased their feed amounts again, 39ml for Colton and 40ml for Hudson. 

I sat and held Hudson today and Landon had Colton. I wasn't able to try breast feeding with Hudson, but we did get to give them their bottles. Typically, Colton is the chow hound and finishes his bottle long before Hudson will finish his. But today, Hudson picked up the pace and finished his bottle way before Colton. I think he's trying to give his brother a run for his money! 


Hudson

From here, they are going to continue to wean the boys off their IV fluids. I'm hoping by the end of the week they'll both be off them and their pic lines can finally be removed. And from there, they will both just need to keep eating and gaining more and more every day. Then hopefully they'll be home soon! 

To close out our day, Landon and I took the hospital's infant CPR class this evening. They offer it free of charge to NICU parents. I hope we never have to use the skills we learned in the class, but should there ever be an emergency, we now know what to do. 


Colton 


No comments:

Post a Comment