Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 23

Day 23 - Thursday

We survived our trial run with the boys last night at the hospital and today we get to finally take then home!! It was definitely a long night, the first of many I know, with Colton up almost every 2-3 hours ready to eat and Hudson every 3-4. That, combined with needing to pump every 3-3 hours, made for only a couple hours of sleep cumulatively. 




It's been a whole new set of challenges now that we're home. It definitely takes some skill to maneuver around with Hudson attached to his oxygen tank and apnea monitor. I already had a mishap with the oxygen tank and knocked the thing over- expelling almost the entire tank out into the air. That's was fun. And of course our dog Beckett wants to be a part of everything and lick everything. She is so helpful (note the sarcasm). And poor Landon is starting to come down with a cold. But thankfully, my mom is here to lend a hand. Maybe that will mean I get more sleep tonight than last night- even if it's only an hour or two. 

I'm not too sure how things are going to work from here. We're just going to have to take things day by day I guess. I am hoping we can get some sort of schedule established with the boys' eating and sleeping. And hopefully we can transition them from bottle feeding to breast feeding soon so I can eliminate some/most of the pumping. But again, that's something we're just going to have to take one day at a time. For now, I'm just glad to finally have then home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment