Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Day 14

Day 14 - Tuesday 

Both boys have been increased on their feeds agin today, 42ml for Colton and 44ml for Hudson, and both are gaining weight. But other than that, there aren't any other real remarkable changes or improvements to note- again. I know they have come so far already, but I'm getting antsy for when they'll finally be ready to come home and it kind of feels like we're just treading water. But the nurse practitioner is optimistic they will both be off the IV fluids sometime tomorrow and their pic lines would then be removed. Here's hoping!! 


Hudson 


Colton 

Despite being on a three hour feeding schedule, Colton wakes up almost an hour early every time completely ready to eat. Since it wasn't time for his bottle yet, I was able try breast feeding him again today, stalling till he could be fed his regular amount. It kind of seems silly to me; no matter how long I breast feed, they still must take their entire bottle afterwards for it to be a successful feeding. And even though Colton is hungry earlier than every three hours, they still have to stick to the three hour rotation. Seems to me if he wakes up and is showing hunger cues, he should be able to eat right away. And if they are able to breast feed, wouldn't it make sense they should be ok not finishing their bottle afterwards but still count it a successful feeding? I guess that's the trouble with having to keep everything so systematic and well documented. 


No comments:

Post a Comment